Jack said "thank-you" for the first time today! He has had "please" down for awhile now. He is using it to his advantage too. Tonight for example, after dinner(which consisted of throwing most of his green beans to Wiley) he started with, "cracker, cracker, cracker" Yes, he is a broken record. I said, "no, we just had dinner" Jack: "pease, pease, pease"(that's please if you didn't catch that), with those big sweet eyes. I'm such a sucker. Guess who got the cracker?
Back to his first "thank-you". Our dear sweet little old lady neighbor, Audrey, asked Jack if he wanted an M&M. Jack nodded his head violently, as she handed him one. I always say, "say thank-you Jack" but usually just get a sly little grin out of him. Instead though, in the sweetest tone ever, "tay-you". My heart melted.
Quick shout-out to Audrey(who has never even touched a computer, and would have zero chances of ever reading this fyi, but what the heck). She is such an amazing neighbor. She hangs her paper on her fence after she has finished it, so we don't have to pay for them. She is an amazing cook, and has no joke sent over: brownies, cake, cookies, potato salad, macaroni salad, fried chicken, and more! She let me pick all her raspberries in her backyard. She's just a genuinely nice person, and we are so blessed to have her next door. She is a recent widow, and I'm grateful for our daily small-talk, and I know watching Jack goof off in the backyard is refreshing to her---it's like having another Grandma around.
3 comments:
What a sweet boy!!
Mel your writing made me tear up about your neihbor lady! :) im glad she has you guys! :) love you!
Hi Jack! I would really like to meet you because you seem like a really fun guy.
Your friend,
Mary
Post a Comment