3.27.2010

Lucky

I always knew I'd love being a Mom. It wasn't until I actually became one though, how fulfilling and rewarding it actually would be. The love that exists between a parent and child is imeasurable. I can't even begin to describe how deeply in love I am with Jack. Even in the short three years he has been here, I am absoultely smitten. He continues to amaze me every day with his compassionate, goofy, witty, and constantly curious nature. Jack has the biggest heart, and is so empathetic and cares deeply when he senses anyone is upset. I just love the little person he is becoming.

The warm fuzzies aren't always there, as raising a child has a number of challenges. There are definatly sacrifices involved. Lack of sleep, time to yourself, and the inability to be responsible for solely yourself are just a few that come to mind. A toddler brings a whole seperate set of challenges, as your patience and tolerance are tested regularly. At the end of the day though, the sweetness seems to hide all of those annoyances, and it is always undoubtedly worth it.

As I sit here the day before my due date, I am excited to become a Mom to yet another amazing child. If Cash is even half as amazing as Jack is, I will feel absolutely blessed. Being a Mom is more rewarding than anything I have ever experienced in this life. Having a loving husband and family to help support me in this only makes it that much sweeter. It's hard to put these feelings into words, because I don't think words do them justice. I am just so lucky.



No comments: