3.09.2011

4-year Dr. Visit

Jack did absolutely amazing at his appt this morning. He is 40 3/4 inches tall (62%) and weighs 37.4 lbs (70%). He did an eye test, where he coverd each eye, then had to i.d. various shapes from a set distance. The nurse actually said, he was the best four-year old she has had do this (it required some major listening, knowledge of shapes, and great eye-sight). He could i.d. shapes I couldn't even make out, and I have great eyes. We were both impressed, and I had a major proud Mommy moment :) They took his blood pressure, made him jump on each foot, and checked the rest of him out. He is as healthy as ever. He was making all the nurses and Dr. laugh and even sang the ABC's for them. Then came the shots. I was ready to cry with him, but he was such a brave, big boy, and didn't even make a peep. His eyes widened some, with each little poke, but he took them better than I, a full grown adult would.

Post shots, happy to have a sucker :)

He chose to go to the mall afterwards, to play and have lunch. He wanted a fish sandwhich, so as we were browsing the food court, we slowed in front of Skippers, and he marched up to the counter and said, "I'll have a fish sandwhich please." They laughed and informed him that they don't have those, and directed us to Arby's. Then we shopped around and bought Jack a new sweat-coat and shoes, played at the play area, read books and played at the train table at Barne's and Noble, and then headed home.
Train Table---still his fave
Mall walkers
On stage
Cash and I

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it, Jacko is a big boy now! I remember that train table from when he could barely toddle --Auntie Meggie

Anonymous said...

You are soooo beautiful Melissa! I love you all!