3.29.2011

One

Holy cannoli, I have a One-year-old. I'm in slight disbelief about the whole thing. Jack's first year also flew by, but this past year takes the cake. Somehow we've made it to the year mark. I really did my best to enjoy each stage of babyhood, because I knew it would be gone before I knew it. The very things that were oftentimes frustrating early on, I find myself missing parts of those moments, and wishing I would have enjoyed the sweeter parts a little longer, instead of trying to rush through the harder months.

The long nights were hard to say the least, but there's nothing quite like the warmth of sleeping skin to skin with a newborn baby on your chest. Cash was particular about getting to sleep. With Jack, I could nurse him, and he'd be out. Cash had horrible gas issues for his first Four months, which I think was the culprit of his hard to soothe cries. The one thing that seemed to to the trick was to turn up some soft music and dance Cash to sleep, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 45. The lengthier times were tiresome, but now I'd give anything to dance my 24 pounder to sleep. Cash was a pooper. I'm talking in his first few months, he would poop with every diaper change (even through the night). I just found a newborn diaper in my glove box, and it instantly made me want to go back to those poop-filled days.

Regardless of the sore nipples, showerless days, or sleepless nights, I wouldn't change a thing. Jack was an easy baby, who hardly cried, and it was just him. Cash was the total opposite. I still fell in love with Cash just as easy as I did with Jack. Cash did become Mr. Happy around the 1/2 year mark, thank goodness! At least I can credit losing all of my baby weight to Cash needing to be held and walked and danced around for hours on end, or nursed every 2 hours without fail, even to this day. I can't get enough of Cash's big toothless grin. His sly little expression when he knows he's about to touch something off limits. I know that in a year I'll be missing everything a new toddler is about, so I'm going to try my absolute best to enjoy these moments---the good and the bad.

No comments: