What's New?
Cash:
- For a couple weeks now, Cash has been practicing taking steps. He has been standing for about a month, and can take a good 2-3 steps before falling. Any day, I'll have a "walker!"
- Immitates me by shaking his head and says "mm-mm"...which is cute and funny for the time being.
- Cash wasn't big on baby food, but pretty much is a fan of all table foods. Even without a single tooth yet, he loves it all---toast, cooked veggies, beans, ground turkey, soft fruits, cheese, cheerios, kix, noodles, rice...
- He started to actually like a sippy cup!
- He's still taking 2 naps a day, but his morning nap is getting longer, which means his afternoon nap is getting later, which then results in a later bed-time. So, sometime in the near future, I think we'll be down to one long mid-day nap.
- He LOVES the bath...like speed-crawls to the bathroom if he hears the water running, can't get naked fast enough, then screams with excitement until I put him in. Then he splashes like crazy.
- Currently, he has a serious case of "stranger-anxiety" which was show-cased during our trip to Seattle last week. He was around a lot of unfamiliar faces and I basically could not set him down. He wants me, and only me. It's totally understandable, and normal. He's a Mama's boy, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Jack was the same way, and totally outgrew it, and is now is the chatty-Kathy in the grocery store striking up odd-ball convos with random strangers, loves his Sunday school class, and is asking to have sleepovers at Grandma's/Nana's lately. My boys also are with me all day long, and rarely are apart from John or I. I think too, nursing plays a role in this, as Cash prefers to keep his food source within reach...wouldn't you?
Jack:
- Turned 4 years old!
- Bowled all on his own, while wearing bowling shoes for the first time.
- Started doing "school" work at home (letters, numbers, logic, rhyming, writing, etc.)
- Registered for a 2 day/week for 2.5 hrs/day preschool for next year at a local church. I think he will love it and give him the perfect amount of socialization, and also will give Cash and I some time together.
- It seems like all of the sudden, Jack can do everything and anything by himself. He is also my biggest helper. Brushing his teeth, wiping his butt, buckling himself completely into the carseat, getting dressed, putting on his socks/shoes, getting snacks, letting the dog in/outside and in/out of the kennel, checking his brother to see if he pooped, cleaning up spills and toys, throwing/catching a football, building better and more creative things than me with legos, playdough, knex, etc...he's become such a big boy! I'm basically done parenting him then, right? (;
No comments:
Post a Comment