10.19.2011

Fall is here!

Cash is officially 18 months, and is fully embracing his toddler-hood. He seems to be adding new words to his vocab daily, and is becoming interested in all sorts of activities. His fave is shoving toys and snacks into other toys and places he shouldn't. He also likes to line up cars or books in meticulous little lines. Lately he has taken to calling me "Mom" which I find cute. He loves baths, but hates to get dressed. Loves to play outside, hates to come back in. It troubles him whenever he sees my phone sitting somewhere, and insists I hold it. At his recent check up he was 25 lbs (45th percentile) and was in the 80th percentile for height. Currently his favorite words are: "Ewe" and "Wow".

Jack has been in preschool for about a month now, and absolutely loves it. In fact, he tells me he wants to go everyday and doesn't even miss me when he's there. I love that he insists on a hug and kiss before he takes his seat in class. Hoping this tradition lasts forever, but not betting on it. He also has developed his first crush. After chatting about his day at preschool recently, he let me know he made a new friend today, a girl. He said he liked her because she "looks sweet". He also let me know at bedtime that he wished his sweet girl could sleep with him and that she'd fit in his sleeping bag. Oh boy, ha ha. Luckily I don't think they're too serious, as he still insists he is going to marry me.

John won a trip through work to go to Vegas for a 2 night stay at The Cosmopolitan Hotel. The boys came too, and we got to spend time with John's family, some of whom I've never met. Aunt JoAnne and Uncle Wiley drove over from California, and John's brother, girlfriend, and kids live in Vegas, so we got to see all of them. John and I went to The Champion's Ball (Reason for the trip), and my friend Alicia and her son Ant came and hung out with the boys. John and I both won some money at the event and had an amazing dinner and time. The boys were awesome on the flights, and throughout our time in Vegas. They were definitely in the minority for their age bracket, ha. We came home and had one day to unpack, do laundry, and then repacked to head to Seattle for 5 days. We spent our time visiting family and friends, and can't wait to go back in just a few short weeks for Thanksgiving.

No comments: