3.05.2012

Five

I'm not sure how my precious baby boy became a school-aged kid. I'm so proud of the little person Jack has become. He managed to thrive in all aspects of his 4th year of life.
Argh:
Riverfront Park:
At preschool, his teachers haven't once had an issue with him. In fact, I've only heard great things, and Jack tells me "Mom, I'm always a good boy in class." If only that were the case at home (; He has made lots of friends and is always eager to go to school. He's in the early stages of learning how to spell and read, as he's sounding out words and can spell/read several words by sight. I'm certain Kindergarten will be just as great, and have no qualms that he's going to love it and do great.
Typical:
5 year old dare devil:
At home, he's become a stellar big brother. He is Cash's go-to person for help with: turning a light on, getting a snack, fixing a train track, playing a game, or cuddling on the couch. Jack tolerates quite a bit with his ever-invasive little brother, and even when he gets frustrated, he has never once hit, kicked, pushed, or bit his brother. I love when I overhear Jack "teaching" Cash about this or that in the sweetest tone ever. Cash all the while nodding his head enthusiastically and repeating Jack, claiming to know what Jack is babbling on about.
Kid's Museum:
Present time:
Jack is also still a great eater too. He will eat almost anything, and cleans everything off his plate most nights. Just last week he accidentally spilled his milk at the dinner table. After thinking some, I came to the conclusion that was the first time Jack has ever done that. Pretty impressive, as I recall at least one of us siblings growing up would spill our milk just about every night. Jack has also been a great sleeper this past year. Going to bed easily, and maybe crawling into our bed a few times over the last year, after a bad dream. Jack is still very sensitive, empathetic, and genuinely cares about people. Just the other day I was tearing up while reading a sad article and Jack said, "Mom, don't tear up, it makes me tear up." I was feeling down last week *hormones and some sad news about a friend* and he put his arm around me, and just sat next to me rubbing my shoulder, smiling so sweetly, until I told him thanks for making me feel better. He's going to make an awesome husband someday. :)
Birthday breakfast:
Checking out his school for next year:
I can't wait to see what's in store for Jack's 5th year of life. Kindergarten, a new sibling, and a trip to Disneyland are a few of the major happenings for him this year. Can't wait for him to experience these!

No comments: