I had a weird feeling that my period wouldn't be coming as planned. Still though, it seemed unreal. I was about a week late, and decided I should take a pregnancy test. In the back of my head, I knew it would be positive. I can't explain why. I wasn't feeling physically any different, but I still knew somehow. I probably read and re-read what the double and single lines meant a dozen times before I finally accepted that I was pregnant.
I was extatic and shocked all at once. John was more shocked than anything. It took him a few days for it to really sink in that our lives would be changing forever. He was worried at first about finances, but agreed that we were obviously meant to have a baby at this time, and that God would take care of us no matter what. We also both have very supportive families, which makes it a lot easier.
About a week passed, and we agreed that we would wait to tell our families. I planned to go to the doctor's for a confirmation, and my little sis was about to get married, so we thought it would be best to wait until after the wedding. Well, my sisters came to town a couple weeks before the wedding, so the ample quality time we spent together sorta forced us to change our plans. When I declined having an alcoholic beverage on more than one occasion, they knew something was up. I couldn't hide it from them, they know everything. The rest of my family however, was not informed until after Meg's wedding. They all were shocked, especially my dad, but everyone was happy.
I couldn't be happier now, knowing that I have part of John and I growing inside me, and that in just a few months, I'll get to meet our new baby! I love him so much already, and can't wait to see him!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment