I turned 27. John had the week off of work, so I was able to sleep in, then shower without anyone trying to join me, while John took the boys shopping. This was a gift in itself. Jack got me some cute new flip flops, the new Adele CD, and a magazine about photography. Later, we went to a new restaurant called Spikes. While waiting for our food, John wrote a note on the kid's menu for me to go look in the trunk. I was so shocked to discover what was inside. I've been wanting a DSLR camera for quite some time now. Photography is a definite passion of mine, and although I do get some pretty cute shots with my ol' point and shoot, I know I can do better. In the trunk was a Nikon D5100. I plan to take a class, as I plan to someday move beyond the "auto" setting, and hopefully I'll learn to take some decent photos with it. I honestly don't know much about photography technically, and I have a lot to learn. What I do know is what looks good to me though, and how to use the natural light to my advantage. I don't own Photoshop or any special programs, I just capture what I feel works. For now, that's all I aspire to do. We also went to my fave cupcake boutique for dessert, which was the ultimate cherry on top of this wonderful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment