12.23.2011
sick sick sick
The flu season didn't beat around the bush this year. Soon after Halloween, the string of sickness hit our home. I'm assuming the culprit is Jack being in preschool, so it's inevitable really, but it seriously wrecked a good month (and I'm hardly exaggerating). As if one set of colds isn't bad enough (especially when your children are up most of the night coughing, running temps, unable to sleep, and coughing until puking), just when everyone is on the mend, another nasty cold hits...and riiiight before we're headed to Seattle for Thanksgiving. Jack's cough could be helped thankfully by some medicine, but at Cash's age there isn't much that helps. So, dealing with feverish cold stricken children away from home isn't any better. When we returned home, after a couple days, the boys were starting to feel better. Then another dang cold hit. Three in a row, were you kidding me?! This one topped the others, and after a week of misery, Cash wasn't doing any better, and tylenol and motrin were doing little for the fevers he was getting. I had taken Cash in to see his Pediatrician a few weeks earlier, for his previous cold/fever, but they said it should just run its course. This time he was twice as miserable, and his temperature was 101-104, and he was beginning to tug on his ears. I took him in, and sure enough, his double ear infection. Luckily the antibiotics seemed to immediately help, and we finally started to get some sleep. This past month has felt a lot like his first sleepless month of life. I got both boys a flu shot, and am hoping that will help. Otherwise, I just pray for a longer stint of good health for our family, as I'm still trying to get over the last cold myself. Kudos to the parents who keep their children home when they're sick...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment