As I sit here chowing down on a giant bowl of chili with melted cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips on top, I can't help but think: Oh my gosh, I really am pregnant. Again. As this could very well be our last child,(Especially if you ask John) I hope to cherish every part of the next 33 weeks I have left, of all the glorious things about being pregnant. (I'll ignore the not so glorious moments for now).
For starters, I don't feel bad about indulging in whatever I want. Especially when my sweet husband brings me home my fave blueberry cake doughnuts or my current food of choice: a good sourdough bread (toasted with extra butter please). I really do try to eat healthfully during my pregnancies, as I know my diet directly affects my growing child, but I also don't think twice about swinging through the drive through for a Jumbo Jack at 9am, or indulging in that mug of java chip ice cream after the kiddos are in bed. Ahhh, guilt free eating is delightful.
I may only be 8 or so weeks along, but I already have that really cute bloated, post Thanksgiving dinner, hurts to button my pants look. As a result, it has become perfectly acceptable (at least to me) to live in yoga pants. Maybe I did just get done with a workout. Who are you to judge? I show early to begin with, and the third time around has yet to be an exception. John, if you are reading this, please get the tote out of the rafters labeled: Maternity. Thanks (;
If my house is in less order than it usually is, lay off me, I'm literally making a human at the moment. It's not like me to lay around and relax. I'm slightly OCD, and a definite busy body. I had to go wash my chili bowl just now, before finishing up this blog...I could see it out of the corner of my eye, and I couldn't focus. I haven't felt the best the last couple of weeks, and am SO extremely exhausted lately. Laying on the couch for a bit (something I never do) has felt necessary the last few days. Often the only thing that sounds good is a bowl of Life cereal with fruit in it. Luckily my boys find ways to entertain themselves. I become their patient, Jack draws things on my back, while I try to guess it (win-win), we read books, and watch movies on Netflix together. It's actually kinda nice.
Cheers (with a tall glass of one part pineapple juice and one part cranberry 7up, with a twist of lime) to the little gift inside me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment